
Happiness is not a potato, to be planted in mould, and tilled with manure. Happiness is a glory shining far down upon us out of Heaven. She is a divine dew which the soul, on certain of its summer mornings, feels dropping upon it from the amaranth bloom and golden fruitage Paradise.
- Charlotte Bronte
I'm someone who really seeks and pursues happiness above everything else. Yet I'm not someone who's easily contented, and to that I point an accusive finger at my second pursuit in life - perfection. My definition of perfection, that is.
Perfection, to me, is when you've looked beyond the imperfections; when even the most imperfect of imperfections seems beautiful to you. Yet it isn't all that easy to look past blemishes. But when you do, look who comes knocking at your door - Happiness. This is the most ideal form of happiness that I'd love to attain.
Then again, I've come to a revelation that sometimes, I seek perfection so much that I overlook the common things in life that already are perfect. Perfect in my way. And in doing so, I fail to extract happiness out of those common things. A great pity. And sometimes, my pursuit of what I thought was happiness turns out to be nothing but a delusion of happiness. Bogus. And what's worse is that while I strive and search so hard for False Happiness, I fail to notice that Genuine Happiness is already there, somewhere else, quietly waiting for me to take notice of it. A great shame.
Happiness is expensive. Way too expensive and precious, for it is, to me, the key to life. And we hold the lock to that key, for we are the ones who design for ourselves the type of happiness we want to achieve. And I'm not about to forsake anything for my happiness. Never will I tread on the wrong path again. Never will I fail to pause and look deep into the littlest common things in life that may very well be the creator of my happiness; that one key that fits the lock - my lock - ever again.
Because that's the art of happiness.
And having the power to master the art of happiness, is divine perfection.
Food for thought :)